Terms & Conditions
- Join the Cast (the “competition”) is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over.
- You can enter the Competition by completing the entry form on our website headStuffpodcasts.com/join-the-cast
- You may only submit one entry form to the Competition. An application may be submitted on behalf of more than one person. People can propose a solo podcast or with a team of up to 4 people in total. Not all participants have to be in the show (on mic). Some may wish to help produce, research or contribute to the podcast.
- Entrants must be available for fortnightly recording sessions (typically one hour) between October and December.
Duration of the Competition
- The opening date for entries to the Competition is 00:00 GMT on October the 2nd, 2023.
- The Competition closes at 00:00 GMT on November 19th, 2023. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
- We accept no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault or malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, or satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- The podcast concept must be a new, original idea or an already recorded but unreleased podcast.
- The podcast cannot be an extension of an already existing podcast.
- The podcast must have a minimum of eight (8) episodes, and a maximum of 10 episodes per season.
- By submitting your entry to the Competition, you guarantee that you own the copyright and any other rights to the content of your Competition entry. You further warrant that you will not use material that someone else has created or owns without obtaining that person’s express permission to use it.
- You will retain any and all intellectual property rights in and to any podcast concept submitted to us.
- The winners have full ownership of all intellectual property rights in the podcast concept, including any products created by HeadStuff for the podcast concept (such as audio, design, original music and copy) after the entire season is complete.
- If you win the Competition, you grant us the right to use the intellectual property rights in the winning podcast concepts in any way we choose for marketing purposes, such as in a press release or an advertisement, worldwide and without limitation in time.
- Three (3) finalists will be chosen at the discretion of the judging team at HeadStuff. All decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Those three finalists will enter a public vote from the 29th of January 2024 until the 11th of February 2024.
- The winner will be announced on February 15th 2024.
- The jury does not have to justify its decision.
- The winners will receive a prize package worth up to a maximum of EUR 50,000 in total (inclusive of VAT), consisting of:
- The opportunity to be part of the HeadStuff Podcast Network
- 15 hours of studio time at The Podcast Studios.
- Hosting for one year.
- Marketing and advertisement for the show.
- Support on artwork and design from HeadStuff Podcast Experts.
- Advice and mentoring from HeadStuff Podcast Experts.
- The value of each part of the Prize described above shall be determined by us at our sole discretion. We shall provide you with a breakdown of the value of each part of the Prize provided upon your request.
- In order to accept the Prize, winners must sign a HeadStuff Podcasts contract and accept the terms and conditions for our services found here. These terms and conditions provide that HeadStuff has the exclusive right to host, distribute and monetise the podcast.
- Further details of how to accept and receive the Prize will be provided to the winners once selected.
- We are not responsible for any costs associated with using or accepting any part of the Prize.
- We reserve the right to substitute any part of the Prize with another prize if it becomes necessary to do so.
- The winners will be notified by email in February 2024. If a winner does not respond to us within 14 days of being notified of the win, then that winner’s Prize will be forfeited, and we will be entitled to select another winner.
- The Prizes are personal, non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and no cash alternative is offered.
- Our decision regarding any aspect of the Competition is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into about it and no feedback will be provided on unsuccessful entries.
HeadStuff reserves the right to update the terms and conditions unconditionally.
HeadStuff reserves the right to cancel the competition if a sufficient number of entries is not received.